Dr. Adel Badr studied medicine at Cairo University and specialized in surgery, more specifically cardiovascular surgery. He was on the first team to do kidney transplants. After coming back from a visit to China in the late 80’s, he found himself still curious enough about Chinese medicine, which he barely had a chance to experience during his stay. He applied for a government-funded scholarship that was meant to regulate the practice of traditional Chinese medicine in Egypt. In less than 3 years, he earned his masters degree in TCM and managed to work on many cases in a few cities including Beijing and Tianjin.
After his return to Cairo, he started his own practice and then traveled to Switzerland to further expand his knowledge and he obtained a membership in SPOTCM, the regulating Chinese medicine institute in Switzerland.
Dr. Badr continues to consult and treat patients in Cairo, mostly through an approach of traditional Chinese medicine but he also brings in his background in traditional Western medicine and cardiovascular surgery.
Health Concerns that can be treated with Acupuncture:
- Allergies & Hay Fever (6 – 10 sessions)
- Fertility Treatment & pre-conceptual care (2-3 months prior to conception)
- Weight loss (2 – 3 months weekly sessions)
- Migraines (6 – 10 sessions)
- Digestive Disorders (Length of treatment depending on case)
- Pain Management (Length of treatment depending on case)